I set both business goals as well as we set personal goals every year but last year for the first time I tried to break them down for each month, but unfortunately, I couldn’t keep up with them. Life just got in the way! However, I have big plans for 2018. To make 2018 a remarkable year and make my dreams happen I have to be on the top of my game. That means breaking my goals into easily doable chunks. So let’s discuss our goals for January 2018.
Setting Goals for Each Month of 2018:
This year our word of the year is “Grow.” I am hoping I can help my business grow, that our kids continue to grow (not size wise), that our marriage continues to grow and most importantly that we all continue to grow as individuals.
When thinking about our goals for 2018 and January (or any other month), we have a few things we want to focus on:
Simplicity– When you think about the word growth you think about expanding things however I want growth, but I also want to simplify our lives.
Learning-I thinks we all must continue to learn new things so that we can continue to grow as individuals. I also want to try to make the best of any opportunities that present themselves.
Family– One of the most significant reasons we moved to Norway was so we would have a better work/life balance and more time with family. In every goal and decision, I want to examine what is best for the family as a whole.
Goals for January 2018
My Business/Blog Goals are:
Some of my business/blog goals will be each month some will stay the same. For 2018 I have some rather large projects that I am planning on creating and releasing.
- Create a 12 Week Plan
- Create an Editorial Calendar & Social Media Calendar to Accompany the 12 week Plan
- Write out a project list of started projects and projects I want to accomplish
- Create Strategies to Grow Instagram
- To Pin regularly so that I can grow my Pinterest Account
- Post regularly on here (3x a week)
- Set Up My New Desk
- Organize my new Office Space
Our Family/My Personal Goals For January:
- Use my daily planner
- Make 6,000 steps (3x a week)
- Read 5 Books
- Focus on Building our Emergency Fund-1250,-
- Plan & Stick to Monthly Budget
- To Dedicate one extra hour a day to Norwegian
- Walk Odin 3x a Week
- To Find a new Personal/Blog Planner that I love
- Go to the Cabin (if they open the tracks)
There is no better way to start the year off other than strong. I know this seems like a lot to do, but the idea is to have a detailed plan so that these are all easy (or not so challenging) to accomplish. Now it is time to get to work and conquer some goals.
Did you plan goals for 2018? Are you breaking them into monthly goals?