Can you believe how fast January went by? It seems to me like only yesterday it was the start of 2018, and now we are already three days into February. The good thing about February is that the sun is starting to return to us and we get more daylight every day! It is one of my favorite months here in Norway as long as the weather stays mild. Now before I start talking about my Goals for February 2018 let’s recap my goals for January 2018.
Now if you remember this year I am setting our goals I am keeping three words in mind:
My Goals For January 2018 were:
MY BUSINESS/BLOG GOALS ARE:
- Create a 12 Week Plan- DONE-my, 12 Week Year, Starts Feb. 5th
- Create an Editorial Calendar & Social Media Calendar to Accompany the 12 week Plan- DONE- I have my blog posts planned out for the next 12 weeks and for my social media calendar I decided to sign up for SmarterQueue. If you have been looking to manage your social media calendar try their 30-day trial.
- Write out a project list of started projects and projects I want to accomplish- PARTIALLY DONE– I have to say I didn’t accomplish this fully but I did start on it.
- Create Strategies to Grow Instagram- DONE– I am back to using Tailwind to post to Instagram so that I can post regularly. With the help of tailwind to post regularly, I have gained 157 new followers and gained more every day. *Note: Did you know that Tailwind can automatically post your Instagram posts for you! No more having to be on your phone to post them throughout the day! Head over to Tailwind’s Site to learn more.
- To Pin regularly so that I can grow my Pinterest Account- DONE– I am also using Tailwind to schedule my pins and pin to my various boards. Tailwind and Tailwind Tribes makes it so easy to find content and post regularly. I gained 46 new followers and continued to gain more every day as well. However, the most important part is that my Pinterest Monthly Viewers have increased from 36,941 to 40,407 and continue to increase as well speak.
- Post regularly on here (3x a week)- DONE– This one is self-explanatory
- Set Up My New Desk- DONE-
- Organize my new Office Space –DONE-
OUR FAMILY/MY PERSONAL GOALS FOR JANUARY:
- Use my daily planner- DONE-I ordered a brand new Passion Planner, more on it coming soon. However, until it got here, I used free printables from Passion Planner.
- Make 6,000 steps (3x a week)-NOT DONE– I have been suffering from a pinched nerve in my neck, and it has been difficult to walk let alone do anything.
- Read 5 Books-DONE– I read Fallen Heir, A Beginner’s Guide to the Chakras, Heal Your Body, The 12 Week Year & Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Focus on Building our Emergency Fund-1250,- –NOT DONE–
- Plan & Stick to Monthly Budget-NOT DONE-
- To Dedicate one extra hour a day to Norwegian –DONE-
- Walk Odin 3x a Week –DONE– But hubby did it
- To Find a new Personal/Blog Planner that I love –DONE– more on my passion planner coming soon
- Go to the Cabin (if they open the tracks)-DONE– We went up, and the weather wasn’t the greatest -20 and super windy, but we went up.
Thoughts on January Goals
I did well on my blog/business goals but could have done better on our Family/Personal Goals. We had some emergencies come up regarding having to pay for doctors and so on so we didn’t get to focus on our emergency fund and with the extra unplanned expenses I had to use that money that was supposed to go to our emergency fund to pay those bills.
Goals for February 2018
My Business/Blog Goals
- To Finish creating my project list of started projects and projects I want to do
- Continue Growing my Instagram account by posting regularly with Tailwind
- Continue Posting to Pinterest Regularly by utilizing Tailwind
- Post to Social Media Regularly with help from SmarterQueue
- Write a minimum of 3 sections of a new course that is in development-More to come Soon
- Release a New Challenge-More Coming Soon
My Personal/Family Goals
- Read five books
- LilleSøstre switch from bottles to Sippie Cups
- Plan and Stick to Family Budget
- Pass Trinn 2 Exam in Norwegian
- Study Norwegian 1 extra hour a day
- Use my planner
- Drink More Water
- Start Yoga 1x a Week
Once again I have a lot planned for February. It is such a short month that I might be biting off more than I can chew however I am hoping that I can stay focused and motivated. Towards the end of January, this seemed to be a real problem for me. Of course part of that is that I am in a considerable amount of pain with my nerve or whatever is going on there. I am currently waiting for an MRI however with the way medical service is done here in Norway I could be waiting a while.
Tell me what are your goals for 2018? Do you break them down into Monthly goals?
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, when you choose to purchase from the links provided. See the Disclosure Policy for more information.