Fall is one of my favorite seasons throughout the year and it is partially because of Thanksgiving! I love the meaning of Thanksgiving and everything it entails! I find the Holiday season and Fall in general to be such a lovely time of the year to spend some quality time with friends and family. There are so many great family activities to do to have some fun and make it great for leading up to the Thanksgiving Holiday and get you into the family feeling! I’ve come up with a few of my favorites to do with my family to give you some good ideas if you were planning on having a little bit of fun this Fall Season.
Here are 5 Family Activities to do Leading Up to Thanksgiving:
1. Pumpkin Patch: Although by Thanksgiving time Halloween has already passed, you are still able to go out to the pumpkin patch and pick up some pumpkins! Who says carving pumpkins are just for Halloween?! Another great reason to get fresh pumpkins for Thanksgiving is so that you can make some really yummy, homemade pumpkin pies for your Thanksgiving Feast!
2. Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: One of my families traditions is to watch this cartoon classic every year! I love the Charlie Brown and Peanuts Gang movies, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is such an enjoyable movie to watch and my family all really enjoys it, no matter how old we get! We have made it an amazing tradition and we definitely look forward to it every year!
3. Turkey/Gratitude Crafts: Make some fun crafts with the kids to express what they are thankful for this year! One craft that is my personal favorite is to make a turkey outline for them and then give them colored paper feathers and allow them to write something that they are thankful for on each one and have them glue the feathers onto the turkey!
4. Hay Ride: It is so much fun to go out on a hay ride throughout the Fall season! The weather is perfect for it because it’s not too hot and not too cold and you get some beautiful views! Hay Rides are so much fun with your family and it’s a great way to spend quality time together!
5. Make Caramel Apples: One of my favorite Fall treats are caramel and candy apples! As much as I love just buying a caramel apple from somewhere, it doesn’t compare to making them at home! Not only do they taste better, but you get the quality time and experience with your friends and family! The kids will definitely love making them, but just keep in mind…they can get messy!
Final Thoughts on Family Activities
There you have it, here are some really great family activities to get you into the spirit of Thanksgiving and have fun making great memories. I think this time of the year really lends to spending more time with your family and unplugging from the world around us sometimes. Get outside with no technology and have fun doing these fun activities that will create amazing memories as well as help your family bond.